When it comes to protecting your home’s exterior, new siding offers homeowners optimal security, safeguarding your home from the elements, outside noise, and unwanted pests. When it’s time to choose which siding option is best for your home, compare and contrast the various features of vinyl siding and Hardie Board® siding until the best fit for your needs is evident.
Why Homeowners Love Hardie Board Siding
Hardie Board, also called fiber cement, comes in multiple styles and beautiful color options. It has excellent resilience and one of the best warranties in the industry. Hardie Board home improvement products have been being refined for years, offering homeowners dependable, beautiful, and long-lasting siding with an unmatched warranty.
Hardie Board is composed of a combination of cement, natural cellulose, and finely ground sand, making it safe for the environment. It’s easy to see why Nashville homeowners choose it for their home exteriors. Here are some reasons homeowners love Hardie Board siding:
- Curb Appeal and Beauty – Homeowners love Hardie Board siding because it enhances a home’s exterior look and feel, adding great curb appeal and value to their property. It imitates the look of true wood, yet is more durable than wood. It is available in a variety of styles and options, offering you adaptable design elements that fit your home’s specific architecture and style. It comes in a variety of pre-painted color options or can be painted after installation for a personalized look. And when it’s time to sell your home, Hardie Board siding boosts your resale value due to its beauty and durability.
- Low Maintenance – Hardie Board siding resists fading, so there’s no need for homeowners to repaint it. It’s simple for Nashville homeowners to maintain Hardie Board’s beauty by simply rinsing it with a hose once or twice a year to remove any dirt or debris.
- Strength and Durability – Hardie Board lasts longer than other materials, while maintaining its beauty in spite of rain, wind, or other weather elements. Extreme weather is known to erode stone or brick exteriors over time. Wood siding can eventually rot due to moisture damage or become eaten by insects. Vinyl siding is economical, yet it may suffer in appearance due to denting. But Hardie Board siding upholds its beauty while maintaining resistance to damage from weather extremes, insects, moisture damage, hail, extreme heat, and fire.
- Multiple Hardie Board Siding Replacement Options – The beauty of Hardie Board siding lies in the unique options from which homeowners can choose to express their taste. Personalize your home’s architecture by selecting from a variety of siding options, such as:
- Lap Siding—Its timeless look, durability, and beauty grace the exterior of homes nationwide.
- Vertical Siding—Homeowners desiring distinct visual design features for their contemporary home’s exterior enjoy re-siding with vertical siding. The crisp, clean lines of vertical siding offer homeowners the opportunity to express their love for modern style.
Why Homeowners Love Vinyl Siding
- Curb Appeal and Beauty – Vinyl siding gives a crisp, clean look to home exteriors.
- Cost – The upside to vinyl siding is its budget-friendly price point. It is often a welcome option for rental properties and first-time home buyers.
- Strength and Durability – Vinyl siding typically lasts 20-40 years with proper care. It is more durable than wood lap siding which needs to be painted regularly, or cedar shake siding which needs to be treated regularly. Vinyl siding is treated with fire retardant, but the retardant only slows down the spread of fire. It doesn’t attract insects and pests, and isn’t susceptible to moisture damage like wood siding is. Cold temperatures can cause vinyl siding to crack, warm temperatures can warp it, and unfortunately it can be dented with the flick of an unwanted rock from a lawn mower.
- Customization – Vinyl siding comes in a variety of colors as well as vertical or horizontal panels to customize the look for your home’s specific style.
When Choosing Between Hardie Board and Vinyl Siding
Determining your priorities in your siding replacement will help you make the best overall choice in siding materials. Keep in mind that each siding type has pros and cons.
- Energy Efficiency—Vinyl siding has the option of being installed with a layer of insulation to increase energy efficiency and therefore could contribute to lower utility bills monthly.
- Eco-Friendliness—Hardie Board is more eco-friendly than vinyl siding. It is made from more sustainable materials and doesn’t require the use of fossil fuels like vinyl siding does.
- Lower Price Point—Vinyl siding has a lower price point than Hardie Board, but it doesn’t carry the life span of Hardie Board siding.
- Fire Resistant—Hardie Board is more fire resistant than vinyl siding since vinyl melts in the extreme heat or in a fire.
Do You Need a Siding Contractor?
When it’s time for new siding and you are in the market for a contractor, look for expert installation that gives you years of low maintenance, exterior beauty, and worry-free protection from weather damage. Quality products like James Hardie siding require skilled professional installation. At Siding King, we offer homeowners in the greater Nashville area the highest quality materials and installation.
Hiring a good siding contractor, someone who is experienced and has the proper certification, will help you get the most out of your siding. And the right siding provides your home with amazing protective and value-adding benefits. When looking for a siding contractor, look for a company that:
- Has the proper certification and licensing
- Is well revered by other customers
- Uses superior siding products
- Offers quality craftsmanship and a good warranty
Nashville Siding Contractor
Siding King offers custom siding replacement solutions for your home. Talk with our detail-oriented staff to learn more about Hardie Board and vinyl siding options. Call Siding King today to discover ideal solutions to your home’s exterior needs. Schedule a FREE consultation.